Lindsey Zovko Photography
You are BEAUTIFUL…
inside and out,
on good days and bad,
in sweats or a gown,
at work and at play,
with makeup or fresh faced,
happy or sad,
but most especially when you smile,
and feel confident and fabulous about who YOU are.
(Just a little reminder from ME to YOU)
Happy New Year lovely ladies!
I want to tell you about a fun, inexpensive beauty program that I signed up for a few months ago called Ipsy Glam Bag.
For just $10 a month you will receive a cosmetic bag filled with fun makeup and beauty items. I have been very impressed with the items I have received so far, including nail polish, eye shadow, mascara, bronzer, and lipstick. It has made me try new brands and products I would not have otherwise known about. With about 5 items in each monthly package, you are only spending around $2 per product, which is the best part!
So if you would enjoy receiving a little treat in the mail each month, consider signing up for the Glam Bag program. Go to http://www.ipsy.com and check it out today! The site will walk you through becoming a member and specifying your beauty likes and interests. When I first signed up I was placed on a wait list for the Glam Bag program, but received a notification about a month later that my first goodie bag was on its way. Also, you can cancel at any time.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and beautiful 2014!
My makeup artistry teacher, Amanda Shackleton, is frequently in the press with beauty tips and articles. I wanted to share this recent piece with you, which gives great step by step instructions for creating beautiful shimmery eyes just in time for the holidays!
Shimmery Eyes by Amanda Shackleton, Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa, November 2013
Here are a few additional tips regarding applying false lashes:
1. Start by laying the lashes on top of your natural lashes to measure for length. Most of the time you will find that the false lashes are too long and that you need to trim them.
2. Wrap the lashes around your pinkie or ring finger for a few moments, to start to give them a curved shape, to better match the shape of your eyes.
3. I recommend black lash glue, as Amanda stated in her article. I squeeze a small amount out and use a cuticle stick to apply glue all along the strip line, with extra on the ends.
4. Allow the glue to dry slightly and become “tacky” before applying, about 20-30 seconds. I lightly shake or blow on the lashes.
5. Press the lashes right into the lash line, where your eyelid and lashes meet. Pay special attention to the corners, making sure they adhere so that they don’t pop up. I use the clean end of my cuticle stick to press the lashes into the lash line.
Applying lashes can be VERY TRICKY. I only say that to encourage you to try, try and try again rather than giving up after one failed attempt. It is hard doing anything with one eye open! Worst case scenario, enlist the help of a friend or loved one.
It’s time to put away your soft summer lipgloss and revel in the gorgeous RED and WINE lip colors that are huge trends this fall and winter!
To find the perfect shade without wasting money, I recommend going to a makeup counter at the mall, or a retail store like Ulta or Sephora, where you can test out products first. As I am sure you may know, red is not just “red.” There are hundreds of shades, formulas and textures to choose from.
Darker red and wine hues are beautiful, but keep in mind that the darker and more matte you go, the more “harsh” and potentially aging the look can be. You may find a bright, sheer option that works well for the daytime and a deeper more matte color for evening.
Enjoy playing with these new seasonal colors!
One of my favorite brands, Urban Decay, is having a fall sale and I wanted to pass it along!
Now through October 12th, 2013, you can go to http://www.urbandecay.com/ and receive 20% off your order using the code FFHOLIDAY13.
There are 2 products that I HIGHLY recommend:
1. Eyeshadow Primer Potion- this is their top selling product and has made a pretty big name for itself because it WORKS! Squeeze a small amount from the tube and blend the creamy formula all over your eye lids. Allow a few minutes to set before applying your eyeshadow. It will keep your eye makeup vibrant and in place all day, and also prevents creasing. It comes in several shades and can even be worn alone. Below is the “Original” formulat that I use most often, which is nude.
2. Naked Palette- you get 12 gorgeous eyeshadow colors, some matte and others more metallic. It has everything you need for day, night and special occasions, with a full range of earth toned colors. The palette below is the original, but there is also a Naked 2 Palette as well. You can’t go wrong with either one.
Hello! My name is Emily Mora and I am a makeup artist in Charlottesville, Virginia. I am passionate about makeup and love learning more about beauty techniques and styles each and every day!
I am available on location for all types of makeup services, including:
private makeup lessons
or makeup parties with your friends!
Let me know how I can help you look and feel your very best.